RASPBERRY SHAKE 4D
STRONG MOTION SEISMOGRAPH
EARTH MOTION FROM ALL DIRECTIONS
Stay on scale with the RS4D! Incorporating both a vertical velocity geophone sensor and three orthogonally positioned microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) accelerometers, the RS4D is an incredibly versatile seismograph. It is capable of measuring both strong motion and micro-seismic activity.
This highly portable, turnkey device integrates the velocity and acceleration sensors, digitizer, hyper-damper, and computer into a single unit. The addition of the MEMS sensors effectively widens the decibel measurement band of this seismograph, to ensure it remains on scale during large earthquakes, which it measures across all axes. The combination of sensors also extends the device’s use cases, allowing it to be used in applications where an accelerometer is required, such as for structural health monitoring.
The RS4D is the complete package. Monitor the vertical motion of local and global seismic activity from all magnitudes of earthquakes, and remain on scale to measure larger more powerful local earthquakes across the east, north, and vertical axes (triaxial). Have a look what the experts say about the RS4D in this peer review.
Full technical details and specifications:
- Professional seismograph with vertical velocity and triaxial (east, north, and vertical) MEMS sensors
- Detect vertical micro-seismicity and larger quakes across the world
- Remain on scale to measure motion of large local earthquakes
- Wider bandwidth and applications with combined velocity & acceleration sensors
- Popular with our Shake Education program and with community/ outreach projects
- Cost-effective to install in remote areas or build your own seismic network
- Free access to Raspberry Shake’s advanced ecosystem of services
- Fast and easy set up
- DIY and all-weather options available
- SeisComP3 compatible with Native SeedLink Server / miniSEED
- 24 bits ADC, Sigma-Delta, 144 dB dynamic range
- Flat frequency response: Geophone ~2 secs to ~40 Hz / MEMs DC to ~40 Hz
- Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) capable
- Gadget lovers and Raspberry Pi enthusiasts
- Makers(DIY) and hobbyists
- Citizen scientists
- Educational facilities
- Construction companies
- Institutes looking to monitor public buildings/developments
- Institutes interested in densifying their seismic network across all axis
STAY UP TO DATE
Sign up to our Newsletter to receive updates to features and news.