RASPBERRY SHAKE & BOOM
EARTH MOTION AND INFRASOUND
Detect the shakes of the Earth and the infrasonic booms that bounce around our atmosphere, with the RS&BOOM. This seismo-acoustic monitor incorporates the seismograph features of the RS1D, with the infrasound capabilities of the RBOOM, giving you the best of both worlds.
The RS&BOOM combines a single vertical geophone velocity sensor with an acoustic pressure transducer (the infrasound sensor), digitizer, hyper-damper and computer. It is a powerful and portable all-in-one short period seismograph and infrasound monitor.
With its multiple sensors, the RS&BOOM makes it possible to uncover intriguing connections between seismic waves and infrasonic signals. These are often emitted from sources simultaneously, such as rocket launches, volcanic eruptions, avalanches, landslides and many more.
Full technical details and specifications:
- Combined vertical axis seismograph and infrasound monitor
- Detect local microseismic activity & larger quakes across the world
- Monitor seismic and infrasound data from the same source simultaneously
- Cost-effective to install in remote areas or build your own network
- Free access to Raspberry Shake’s advanced ecosystem of services
- Fast and easy set up
- Plug and play, DIY and all-weather options available
- SeisComP3 compatible with Native SeedLink Server / miniSEED
- 24 bits ADC, Sigma-Delta, 144 dB dynamic range
- Flat frequency response from ~2 seconds to ~40 Hz
- Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) capable
- Network Timing Protocol (NTP) with GPS timing supported
- Gadget lovers and Raspberry Pi enthusiasts
- Makers(DIY) and hobbyists
- Citizen scientists
- Educational facilities
- Institutes interested in densifying their seismic (vertical axis only) and infrasound networks
STAY UP TO DATE
Sign up to our Newsletter to receive updates to features and news.